CRAFTEX Chalk Paint can be applied to most surfaces. It is easy to apply and doesn’t need much preparation. Our paint is a non-toxic water-based paint that does not require priming and is easy to clean. If you need a sample or larger quantity please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please Note: The paint colours shown are digitised and may not look the same in person. If you are not sure what the colour looks like please order a sample from us.
What is Chalk Paint:
Chalk Paint Instructions:
- Shake the paint well before you use it.
- It is best to use a Silicone Bristle Brush because there is less fibre loss to stick to your painted surface.
- There is no need to use a primer on your product beforehand.
- Prepare the surface by washing it with sugar soap to remove any oils and dirt.
- Allow 30 mins drying between coats.
- For the best result lightly sand between coats and before waxing or sealing.
- It’s normal for lighter colours to need more coats than darker colours.
- To thin the paint, simply add & mix in some water, this technique is also used for whitewash effects.
- If you are distressing your product, make sure to distress the product before you use wax or sealer.
- The finished product is quite porous, you may want to seal it with soft wax or sealer,
- which will give a satin finish, enhancing the colour of your project.
- To clean your equipment, simply use warm soapy water.
- Remember to close & seal your container when finished.